The PRAGRESS project is directed at professional caregivers, such as nurses, social workers, nursing aids, and other professionals involved in the prevention and management of challenging and aggressive behavior in both home and community settings.
Aggressive behaviour is a multi-parametric phenomenon which requires a comprehensive training framework focusing on:
- Raising awareness on aggressive and violent behavior
- The causes and prevention of aggressive or violent behavior
- Management and de-escalation methods for controlling aggressive behavior
The objectives of the project are:
- Raise awareness of the problem of aggressive behavior towards formal and informal caregivers working with older care recipients.
- Development of a skills training program with effective and evidence based strategies to prevent, manage and deescalate aggressive behavior by care recipients primarily for formal caregivers. The skills training program will be the knowledge base and be included in the development, test and evaluation of a customized training program first for formal caregivers using a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC). As the project continues, the design for informal caregivers follows.
- Improve quality of life of care recipients; strengthen resilience and empowerment in caregivers. The project wants to promote and uphold social inclusion and dignity of caregivers and care recipients.
- Baseline study of the critical parameters that shape the overall context
- Development of PRAGRESS training content
- The PRAGRESS e-learning platform will be an open educational resource environment under the format of a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)
- Evaluation of MOOC
- Sustainable project outcomes
The following organizations are involved in the project:
- Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg Stuttgart (Germany)
- CHALLEDU- inclusion | games | education (Greece)
- ISTITUTO PER SERVIZI DI RICOVERO E ASSISTENZA AGLI ANZIANI (Italy)
- Corporation for Succor and Care of Elderly and Disabled- FRODIZO (Greece) TURUN AMMATTIKORKEAKOULU OY (Finland)
- WOHLFAHRTSWERK FUR BADEN-WURTTEMBERG (Germany)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF IRELAND GALWAY (Ireland).
On the website of the project PRAGRESS (https://pragress.eu/) you will find news, activities, program results and updates, such as reports, event announcements, workshops and training sessions.
This project has been co-funded by the Erasmus + Programme of the European Union
Project Number: 2020-1-DE02-KA202-007726