The project ‘’Female Legends of Science’’ is based on the values of gender equality and non-discrimination between women and men in the fields of science, technology, engineering, mathematics, innovation and innovative entrepreneurship.
The UNESCO 2017 report reveals the situation and the need for focusing on girls’ and women’ education in STEM in different educational levels.Key messages of the report are that gender differences in STEM education participation at the expense of girls begin as early as ECCE in science- and math-related play, and are more visible at higher levels of education.Girls appear to lose interest in STEM subjects with age, particularly between early and late adolescence. This lowered interest affects participation in advanced studies at secondary-level especially when specialisation begins and students make choices about which subjects to select. Furthermore, girls appear to lose interest in STEM subjects with age and more than boys do. “FEMALES” aims at contributing to the change of this situation.
The objectives of the project are:
-To bring out the significant role of women in STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)
-To fight stereotypes of students and teachers
-To inspire young girls through role-model education to follow STEM careers
-To enhance acquisition of key skills and competences for STEM careers from all students
-To enhance teachers’ skills in dealing with inclusion in STEM
- Preparation of a ‘’Methodological Guide’’ for providing women role models and fighting stereotypes.
- Design ‘’Role Model Educational Tools’’. In this context card games, and an augmented reality application of it, guidelines for the games, e-books focusing on role-models and a collection of inspiring videos, books and movies will be prepared. Challedu one of the pioneer institution designing educational tools will be the responsible for the process.
- ‘’e-Learning platform-MOOCs’’ which will support teachers to learn about the women role in STEM.
The following organizations are involved in the project:
- Bahcesehir Univeritesi Foundation (Turkey)
- Sukran Ulgezen Mesleki ve Teknik Anadolu Lisesi (Turkey)
- Euphoria (Italy)
- AIJU (Spain)
- Casa corpului didactic Teleorman (Romania)
On the website of the project FEMALES (https://www.femalesproject.eu/) you will find news, activities, program results and updates, such as reports, event announcements, workshops and training sessions.
This project has been co-funded by the Erasmus + Programme of the European Union
Project Number: 2019-1-ΤΡ01-KA201-074648
For more information you can contact with Asimina Brouzou from Challedu- inclusion | games | education, firstname.lastname@example.org, +306947812734