The project “Mumpreneurship” is based on the values of gender equality and especially the participation of mothers in the field of innovative and social entrepreneurship.
Both Eurostat (2019) and “Women’s Economic Empowerment” (2016) report provide strong evidence that women are lagging behind men in terms of the number of female business owners, the size of women-owned businesses, and their access to economic resources. Even though data regarding women’s careers and life balance and women’s multiple roles and their coping strategies and mechanisms has been more prominent over the past three years (Brink et al, 2001), there are still major misconceptions regarding mothers in the workplace especially when referring to disadvantaged mothers; single mothers, migrant mothers, mothers with social needs.The role of these misconceptions is evident in the amount of companies reducing their expectations to hire working mothers.
European data demonstrate that in 2017, the employment rate of women with children aged 6 or less was 64.6% in the EU as opposed to 79% for women without children.
Despite strong legislation and in some cases, enhanced organizational benefits, one in three women, find it difficult or very difficult to return to work after maternity leave (Morris, 2008).
- a training toolkit on role-model education with main objective being to develop a Learning-training toolkit on Role-model education for promoting social inclusion of mothers in entrepreneurship and fighting stereotypes through real-life role-models and related activities.
- Training toolkit on advocacy and self-advocacy. It aims to present best practices on organizing workshops and festivals for promoting inclusion mothers in work and entrepreneurship. The main objective of O2 would be to strengthen advocacy and self-advocacy skills of mothers and women, especially the disadvantaged ones.
- Entrepreneurship education toolkit.The main aims of O3 are to enable development of entrepreneurial mindset, strengthen the soft skills of leadership, and promote inclusion of mothers in entrepreneurship. It will provide mothers practical instruction in opportunity recognition, commercializing a concept, managing resources, communicating, and initiating a business venture.
- Mumpreneurship gamified education.The mobile/tablet game will aim to motivate mothers through role models and introduce them in entrepreneurship to envision themselves as mumpreneurs.The gamified mobile/tablet application will act as an educational tool for mothers. It will allow them in a relaxing and gamified environment to learn about role-models, mumpreneurs, and entrepreneurial tools and concepts.
The objectives of the project are to:
-promote economical, social and gender equality in entrepreneurship
-promote VET education accessibility on entrepreneurship education for mothers especially the disadvantaged ones
-encourage psychological the women that they can be simultaneously a good mother and a good professional
-bring out the importance of working and innovating for the mother’s psychological, emotional, cultural, social balance and wellbeing
-fight stereotypes against women who want to work again after their childbirth, especially the disadvantaged ones
-inspire mothers through role-model education
-enhance acquisition of key skills and competences to mothers
-empower VET trainers/ educators/relevant professionals regarding mumpreneurship and offer them new tools
The following organizations are involved in the project:
- Internationella Kvinnoföreningen(IKF)
- CHALLEDU- inclusion | games | education (Greece)
- INOVA CONSULTANCY (UK)
- STANDO LTD (Cyprus).
On the website of the project MUMPRENEURSHIP(https://mumpreneurship.net) you will find news, activities, program results and updates, such as reports, event announcements, workshops and training sessions.
This project has been co-funded by the Erasmus + Programme of the European UnionProject Number: 2020-1-SE01-KA202-077922